How many times have you thought that from tomorrow I am going to do this ‘FOR SURE’ and that tomorrow never came! 🙂
Relax, it happens with everybody. Nothing new! However, I have a super awesome way in which you can deal with that situation.
Why does this problem arise?
The initial goals that we set for ourselves are normally overwhelming and out of our reach. This out of reach goal will give your mind a chance to shirk off and fall back into the older patterns.
For example, if you have set a goal….
- Of reading 45 minutes daily and you can’t find 45 minutes at a stretch throughout the day, your mind will tell you to rather postpone the activity tomorrow than doing it for a shorter period of time.
- To go walking for a period of 30 minutes and if you can’t manage to go for that much time your mind will altogether guide you into canceling that action.
- To wake up at 5 in the morning when you normally wake up at 8 every day, it might happen that your mind might trick you. If you miss to wake up at 5 and check your clock and its 6:00 a.m. then your mind might tell you that, “You have already missed your goal for the day, and there is no meaning in waking up now. We will start from tomorrow.”
Why do we set such high goals for ourselves?
We strive for perfection from the very beginning and that is why we end up setting unrealistic goals for ourselves. The human mind has its own limitations when it comes to following habits and creating new patterns, you cannot force it upon. Human expectations are beyond limits and that is why it ends up setting such goals that are good looking but hard-implementing.
What to do then?
So, it is better if we set a goal that is very small to start with and then we can continue and keep on adding to it.
So, if you
- start reading & start with 5 minutes a day,
- start with 10 minutes of walking,
- 1 blog every week,
- 1 video every week if you are into content creation,
- wake up 15 minutes early every day,
- if you want to write a book then write 1 line a day
Whatever you want to do, take the smallest part of it and do it daily, WITHOUT FAIL! In no time will you see that you have started following what you have promised yourself.
PRECIOUS RULE TO REMEMBER
Whatever you decide to start with, strive to do it consistently, even for 1 minute a day. It should be done daily. Once that ‘action’ gets involved and inculcated in your daily routine even for a certain amount of time, it will be easy for you to extend the time that you give it. However, the toughest part is to make it a part of your daily routine. Once that happens that foundation is created. Consistency works on creating a very strong foundation, after which you can build on it the whole building as you wish.
LOTS OF LOVE ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
MAY GOD BLESS YOU! ♥